Koto - Weekly Report #1

Iain Dooley idoo4002 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jul 13 14:40:07 CEST 2005

Thiago Macieira wrote:

>Iain Dooley wrote:
>

>>I've got SVN access to KDE, so I'm just about to setup the repo for my
>>project.
>>

>Hello Iain,
>
>what will you need? Will you modify Konqueror, Kommander, or other
>sources?

i'm going to start off from scratch using Qt designer because i haven't
worked with it before. i haven't even built an application in C++
before, so over the next couple of days i want to use tutorial material
to build a rough prototype.

this will (hopefully) give me a good enough understand of how apps
designed in Qt for KDE work so that i can then look at other
applications (such as Kommander, Konquerer, maybe others?) to see what
parts of them i can use.

does this soud reasonable?

cheers

iain