Q: How to use the mAddressBook object in KABCore ?

Kun Xi bookstack at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:44:13 CEST 2005

Hello Tobias,

I am the developer of "common plugin/scripting subsystem for kotnact"
(aka soc-kdepim-scripting). I met a problem when I tried to expose the
KABC::AddressBook object from KABCore. I found the script mechanism
works fine, at last the core->clear() or core->dump() is called( core
is a pointer to the KABCore::mAddressBook ), but no action is
executed.

To make things more clear, I put a "mAddressBook->clear()" in
showConsole function. When this function is activated,  -- it is
supposed that all contacts in the addressbook is deleted, -- but
nothing happens. Could you take a look at the code and resolve the
myth for me ? The code is in
$KDE_SVN/branch/work/kde-soc-scripting/kaddressbook/kabcore.*.

Thanks for advance.

Best regards.

Kun Xi