Build systems

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Aug 5 13:14:44 CEST 2005

Leo Spalteholz wrote:
>Hello all.
>Just wondering if all projects in the kde svn have to be built with
>the automake tools.

Yes. At least, if you want your code to be compiled by other people,
including your mentors.

>Right now I'm using qmake which is just a million
>times simpler than the pure evil that is autotools (no, I'm not
>biased, why do you ask? :)
>Should I switch to autotools or is qmake ok too?  So far I'm using
>purely Qt libs.

AFAIK, there's only one project in our repository that is qmake-only, and
that's qca (in kdesupport). That's also the reason I've never built or
installed it.

--
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

5. Swa he ganhwearf t timbran, and hwonne he cm, l! Unix cw "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.