[Kde-silk] Introducing Project Silk

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Oct 14 11:21:43 CEST 2009

Hey,

How about we meet on IRC to discuss details a bit and come to a plan we can then
follow? I'm on a business trip right now, but will be back on Friday. Friday
afternoon would suit me well, otherwise, next week I'll be very flexible in terms of
time.

On Monday 12 October 2009 23:56:37 Peter Schiffer wrote:
> On 10/11/2009 02:16 PM, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> > Have you had a look over the techbase Silk page? There's a large number
> > of ideas there, some easier to do, some harder and more involved. Can you
> > pick maybe three ideas that match your motivation and skillset? Then we
> > can discuss what it takes to implement them, and how you can exploit this
> > to write a sound thesis report. It's best if you decide what to work on,
> > since you'll be the one working on it (and it'll better be something
> > interesting to you).

> Actually I have and I saw many interesting things there. But to choose 3
> I would say:
> That picture side of Alessandros part of the project could be..
> Or some parts of libweb, e.g: webpage metadata class with preview;
> Monitor webpages + change notifications; SOAP API (useful for corporate
> web apis) and maybe this - public transport API (standardized way of
> getting at this information, different backends to get at the data)
> And from the Silk integration components could it be web identity
> configuration?

The web identify is I think more a "write code thing", and I think less interesting
from a research point of view. Abstracting existing webservices to a common API seems
like good thing to tackle, the public transport API is a really good candidate and
probably very easy to explain to others. Should we focus on that one?
--
sebas