[kde-services-devel] Getting Started with a Server

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Wed Mar 5 10:16:20 CET 2008

Am Mittwoch 05 März 2008 09:49:02 schrieb David Solbach:
> I will. If this gets past the stage of a test-server wie should
> probably tell kde-www at kde.org or the sysadmin mailing list about it.

Yes, the sysadmins want backups of all important user-generated content. The
backup can be (partially) encrypted, e.g. both to yourself and to the
sysadmins using OpenPGP, to avoid leakage of user data from backups which has
happened way too often with backups at various places on the planet in recent
times. Unfortunately encrypted backups are less efficient (no differential
backups possible), so it's a trade-off.

I suggest to continue GHNS-specific discussion on the ghns list only to avoid
the crossposting.

Josef