[Kde-science] Astronomers needed (Was: Re: Some wiki pages)

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 06:00:30 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 10:30:23AM +0100, Stuart Jarvis wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 September 2010 00:25:00 Akarsh Simha wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I contribute to KStars. At the moment, I think KStars is not as
> > astronomer-friendly as it could possibly be. It works great for
> > astronomy education and for amateur astronomers like me, but I am
> > unable to think of the needs of professional astronomers. Are there
> > any on this group?
>
> I may know some people who know some (I know some people in astrophysics
> departments). Do you know if KStars is in the Windows ports and if so is it in
> a reasonable state? (They'd probably be more likely to try that than a Live CD
> or Linux install)

Hi Stuart

I used KStars' windows ports about a year back, and they looked
okay. I think they still build it every now and then -- Patrick
Spendrin should know well. Actually, the recent releases require some
amount of tweaking of settings to be usable -- they're a little
visible buggy.

Regards
Akarsh