[Kde-science] Re: Encouraging participation

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Mon Oct 18 11:47:00 CEST 2010

In data lunedì 18 ottobre 2010 00:51:00, todd rme ha scritto:

> case, nor do I know how we could go about remedying the situation.

The plan was to use that for discussion. I wanted to post something about it,
but I got sidetracked due to lack of time.

> request, I think, would ask that the mailing list be involved with
> these things in particular (but not exclusively):

I would rather keep the ML for organization and have the forum do most of the
job. I think it was one of the points discussed at the BoFs at the Akademy.

> 1. People planning to present or promote KDE or a KDE application or
> tool at a conference of a scientific, mathematical, engineering, or

This would be an exception to what I said above, as it fits the ML's purpose
pretty well (at least in my view).
2, 3 and 4 would be better done in the forums, IMO.

> What does everyone here think?  Any suggestions, or does anyone think
> this is a bad idea period?

PlanetKDE would work, but I'm not sure I have the time to write out a full
fledged post...