KDE Quality webmaster mail bouncing

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jun 29 10:04:08 CEST 2010

On Monday, June 28, 2010 11:26:00 pm Will Entriken wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 7, 2007 at 2:32 PM, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Sunday 07 January 2007 19:02, Will Entriken wrote:
> >> I am trying to contact the Webmaster of quality.kde.org (via the link
> >> on the bottom of every quality page), but email to
> >> carloswoelz at imap-mail.com is bouncing. Is this the case for anyone
> >> else? Is there another email address to put up there?
> >
> > As far as I know Carlos has vanished from the face of the earth. It's
> > unfortunate, he was very passionate about KDE quality, but ran into some
> > personal time issues that dragged him away from KDE.

This is true.

You might put kde-quality (the list) as the contact person on those web pages,
but basically the whole idea of kde-quality as a forum for new contributors to
make a small mark and to do the last-mile polishing that KDE needs .. that
idea failed. It's been partly taken over by distro's and the KDE forum, which
works well now (it didn't when KDE-quality was set up).

For the past three years, I think, kde-quality (the list) has been used more
for the tools KDE uses for quality control (e.g. the EBN) and sporadic bug
reports than anything else.

I'd be ok to kill both the list and the site, since they're historical
artifacts.