Suggestion: shell on window's back

Marvin Lampe Marvin.Lampe at gmx.de
Fri Nov 20 00:37:16 CET 2009

Am 03.12.2009, 17:11 Uhr, schrieb Peter Lewis <prlewis at fsfe.org>:

> On Thursday 03 Dec 2009 15:45:41 Alvaro Aguilera wrote:
>> how about creating something like syslog for kde? when an application
>> finds
>> a problem, it write some output to /var/log/kde or similar.
>
> I thought that things generally got output into ~/.xsession-errors.
>
> Or are you thinking of something else?
>
> Pete.

Well sure, but I think of a whole functional shell on the back which is
also closed when the window is closed.
It shall not replace a kind of logfile but makes it handier to debug.
Furthermore it's some kind of "cool" just
to flip a window and see what's going on with it.
But a nice feature would also be a "split" button on the backside shell
which allows to create a similar one without
a "frontside" and without disappearing when the program is closed.

Marvin Lampe