userbase

genericmaillists at gmail.com genericmaillists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 22:28:25 CET 2009

I found a mistake in the userbase information. I tried to edit, which
I was able to do but there was no way to save the changes. The link to
the page is:
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/FAQ/4.3
The information that needs correcting is:

My panel is gone, how do I get it back?

kquitapp plasma-desktop; rm
$KDEHOME/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc; plasma-desktop

This deletes your plasma settings, so you'll get the default
configuration back. If running *all the* 3 commands at once doesn't
work, try typing them in manually and wait a few seconds before
running the next command.

In the above section, one of the sentences should read this way:

If running *all* 3 commands at once doesn't work, try typing them in
manually and wait a few seconds before running the next command.

or this way:

If running *the* 3 commands at once doesn't work, try typing them in
manually and wait a few seconds before running the next command.

This * is used only to focus where the problem is located.