KDE 4 stability

Herli Joaquim de Menezes herlimenezes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:13:31 CEST 2009

Well, Alvaro, Im brazilian too. Im using KDE, running Fedora FC10, at Ubuntu
I cannot say if it works, but although new KDE is nice, there are still some
bugs. For example, I can change language from default (us english) to br
portuguese. So some words aren't correctly written (something like: avi~ao,
n~ao...). so I changed to Gnome.

HJdM

2009/6/12 reuben morais <reuben.morais at gmail.com>

> First of all, I'm Brazilian, so English isn't my first language. Sorry
> about any mistakes.
>
> I'm new on Linux world, and started in Ubuntu, introduced to me by a
> friend.
> When I first met KDE, it was in the fourth version' first steps, still very
> buggy.
> From 4.1 to nowadays, with 4.2.9, the look and feel improved so much,
> and nothing compares to a personalized KDE in beauty.
>
> Besides the appearance, the overall performance has dropped and when I
> installed 4.2.9 from the Ubuntu repositories, it was not a good impression
> to see how low the performance and stability was. Maybe it's the time to
> give a break in the appearance improvement and start working on the
> applications stability and reliability.
>
> Plasma crashes aren't a good thing to help you focus when developing, and
> the idea that I have from outside the KDE project is that the improvements
> aren't being tested the deserved way before releasing.
>
> That's my opinion, anyone that has a better knowledge of the project
> internals
> can feel free to correct me and teach me a little more about it.
>
> Thanks in advance, Reuben.

Herli Menezes