KDE 4 stability

Alvaro Aguilera alvaro.aguilera at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 01:39:05 CEST 2009

Hello Reuben,

if you are dissatisfied with the stability or speed of the current KDE 4
versions, you can do like me, and install both KDE versions: KDE 3.5.10 and
KDE 4.2.90.
You start then always a KDE 3 session, it's very fast and very stable. On
top of that you can use the KDE4 version of your favorite applications (like
kopete, kate, kile, konqueror, etc.).
It's the closest thing you will get _right now_ to a fast, plasma-free KDE4.

best regards,
Alvaro.