Spellchecker for dyslectics

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue May 6 16:35:27 CEST 2008

Ofer Chermesh wrote:
> Hi
>
> My name is Ofer Chermesh and I establish a company named Ghotit
> (www.Ghotit.com <http://www.ghotit.com/>) that develops different
> internet services that helps dyslexics (5-17% of the population) to
> perform better in their day to day activities.
>
> For many reasons regular spellchecker don't work effectively with people
> how suffers from dyslexia Ghotit first solution is an online context
> sensitive spell checker that is capable to cope with severe spelling
> mistakes and misused word for example Ghotit will offer a user that
> spells "I will be happy to meat you at 8 o'clock" to change the word
> meat to meet.
>
> Ghotit received a good review at:
>
> http://speedchange.blogspot.com/2008/02/ghotit.html
>
> http://blog.buzvia.com/
>
> In order to improve Ghotit performance we need to receive inputs from
> people how know the problem.
>
> I will be happy if you will be willing to ask people you know to take
> Ghotit for a test drive and send me their inputs to
> ofer.chermesh at gmail.com <mailto:ofer.chermesh at gmail.com>

If this is a community project, I might help.  I think that I qualify as
a dyslectic.

I was disappointed to see that you don't "support" the Safari browser.
Actually, the problem is that your XHTML contains a lot of errors:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A//www.ghotit.com/home.shtml

You need to support W3C standards, not browsers.

--
JRT