kpdf dev anyone?

dario balozzi dbalozzi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 14:44:44 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Sebastian Kuegler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 14 March 2008 11:27:07 dario balozzi wrote:
>  > i was a little misinformed about the kpdf->okular thing  ( i use an
>  > old version of Pardus linux  that came with kpdf )
>  >
>  > i will try in okular mailing list or irc channel
>
>  Or maybe have a look at Okular first, it might address your issue (the one
>  you're not telling us :-)).

:-)))

i open a 2293 page PDF [1] , do a search on the document and this
operation results in a machine freeze  ( too much memory usage .. the
hard disk keep running and running , i lose control of the GUI and
have to reset ) ( AMD Athlon 2.2GHZ 512 MB RAM, 1GB swap, 30GB hd free
space , Pardus Linux 2007.2 with KDE 3.5.7 )

may be this have to do with the "quality" of the searching
implementation and algorithm that kpdf uses ... for this reason i
thought that it would be useful to post my experience in the
kde-quality at kde.org list

don't get me wrong, KDE and kpdf rocks ... this is an "edge" case ( MS
OOXML specification monster :-)

         Dario

[1] http://www.itn.liu.se/~stegu/OOXML/DIS29500-2008-002.pdf