Capture/Replay test tools for KDE?

Patrick Wade Patrick.Wade at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 16 18:22:21 CEST 2008

Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Quoting Patrick Wade <Patrick.Wade at Sun.COM>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a query about Capture/Replay tech for KDE.
>>
>> What is the status of Capture/Replay tools as a means to test
>> the KDE desktop? Do any such record/playback tools exist in
>> the community?
>>
>> Any pointers would be helpful, please.
>
> Do you mean something like Camtasia Studio? What do you need, a
> library or an end-user application?

Hi there! No, not a video recording.

A Capture/Replay tool that can capture a user's mouse and keyboard
input on the KDE desktop into some kind of a script, which can then be
used to recreate the very same user interaction automatically on a
live desktop session. This can be quite useful for certain testing
purposes (where automation is desirable), and for testing the
startup/closedown performance of applications.

Any ideas guys?