[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [kde-artists] NEWS flash from GNOME. :-D]]

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Thu May 31 09:36:19 CEST 2007

Op donderdag 31 mei 2007, schreef JRT:

Hi,

> Sorry to post something controversial to the list.
>
> I think that new people should know what they are getting into.
>
> And to say that the greatest improvement that KDE-Quality can make in
> KDE is to somehow change the attitude of the core developers.
>
> The complete thread is on KDE-Artists.  You can try to figure out how
> what started as my posting something that I found amusing -- it even has
> a funny title -- degenerated into personal insults from TR and AJS.
>
> This is not the attitude of the leadership of a project that I want to
> work for.
>
> Why does a project ask for more participants and then abuse those the
> show up when they try to help?

However I really disagree with the tone of some messages in that particular
thread, I don't think it's fair to say something like that about all (core)
developers. This is an unfortunate incident, not a common practice.
Therefore, your statements here pissed me off for a bit ("I think that new
people should know what they are getting into.").

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)