Mithilfe KDE

jos poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Tue May 8 18:26:50 CEST 2007

Op Tuesday 08 May 2007, schreef Sebastian Meinke:
> Hallo,
> ich würde gerne bei ihren Projekten ein wenig mitwirken.
> Wie kann ich dies denn machen?
> Könnten Sie mir ein paar Infos schicken?
> Vielen Dank
>
> Herr Meinke

Hi Meinke!

I hope you speak english, as I don't speak or write german very well...

Ok, you want to help. That's great!
First off, what can you do? Are you an artist, you can help on icons and other
artwork. Are you a programmer, there are many bugs to be fixed and features
to be added. Do you like to write documentation, there is more than enough to
do. Are you a usability expert, the usability team is working on a HIG and on
reviewing applications, and they can use a hand.

If you're an artist, send an email to kde-artists at kde.org, they can tell you
where help is needed.
Usability expers can try to send an email to KDE Usability Project
<kde-usability at kde.org>, but as there are many ppl who considder themselves
usability experts but have no formal education in that area whatsoever, this
mailinglist is a bit too overcrowded. Probably
http://openusability.org/projects/kde-hig/ is a better place to get started.
Developers should start at http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4
and get KDE 4 trunk working. When it's up and running, you can start finding
and fixing things. Some divisions of KDE have a special 'beginners job' part,
like KDE PIM:
http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=regexp&short_desc=JJ.*&product=akregator&product=kaddressbook&product=kalarm&product=kandy&product=karm&product=kitchensync&product=kmail&product=knode&product=knotes&product=konsolekalendar&product=kontact&product=korganizer&product=kpilot&product=ktnef&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

KDE PIM needs a lot of help, as they are of course very important for KDE's
users, but they don't have enough ppl to get things really in shape for KDE
4. So if you're willing and capable to give them some help, that would be
really great.

grtz

Jos

--
Disclaimer:

Alles wat ik doe denk en zeg is gebaseerd op het wereldbeeld wat ik nu heb.
Ik ben niet verantwoordelijk voor wijzigingen van de wereld, of het beeld wat
ik daarvan heb, noch voor de daaruit voortvloeiende gedragingen van mezelf.
Alles wat ik zeg is aardig bedoeld, tenzij expliciet vermeld.