Welcome to kde-quality! (2)

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jun 7 10:46:15 CEST 2007

Welcome new subscriber!

This is the kde-quality mailing list.

You may be here as a "potential new contributor to KDE", since there is
material on the web pointing to this mailing list. That's something of a
historical accident and something we are trying to clean up by giving this
list a single charter topic (see below). Right now, newcomers issues are fine
here in spite of the charter, though we'll try to deal with common questions
immediately.

If you *are* a potential new contributor:
- bug reports go to bugs.kde.org
- application-specific discussions go to the list belonging with that
application or kde-devel if there is no other
- website issues go on kde-www
- if you want guidance on selecting what to do, kde-devel is a good place to
ask, or look for 'Junior Jobs' on bugs.kde.org (there is a link from the
front page)
- in general, we find that people with "an itch to scrath" do better (since
they are motivated to scratch) that people who "just want to help" since we
are not a very directive organization. We don't tend to reply to "I want to
help" with "Fix bug #124763" since, well, that's not very useful for new
contributors.
- what *is* useful for new contributors are the pages on techbase.kde.org on
getting started. Go over there now and take a look around. It's got all our
getting started documentation.

This list's charter is:

Discussing KDE's quality checking infrastructure and tools, which mostly
live on the English Breakfast Network. Unit tests and coverage are ok as
well. This is an active list; talk and then code, but don't just talk or
gripe. APIDOX improvements and patches are handled here as well. Small
patches where you don't know who to send them to specifically should probably
go to kde-devel@ .

Please stick with this topic. Bug reporting / ranting is not useful on
this list; bug reports go to bugs.kde.org, rants should just go elsewhere.

Thanks for living up to the list charter,
[ade] (list admin)

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot