kadressbook usability

Joseph M. Gaffney cucullin at wtfisthat.net
Wed Jan 31 19:50:58 CET 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 01:27:30 pm Wladimir Schaefer wrote:
> Hello!
> My name is Wladimir, it is my first post to this List. I greet all of
> members!

Hey! :)

> That thing about kadressbook categories is true, it is unusable, man can
> not handle whith that kind os categories, i can not put all my friends
> contacts to a category "Friends", it's just imposible. That MUST be
> changed. The contakt edit dialog is not difficult for me, but for some of
> my friends, and that simple dialog is just too simple:) i think.

Akonadi is a new framework for KDE 4.  I couldn't explain the details because,
well, I don't fully understand it myself :)

However, you can check it out at http://pim.kde.org/akonadi - this will
probably give you a decent idea of the underlying changes to the KDE PIM
suite.

Check out okular - http:///kpdf.kde.org/okular/

> There are some Integration problems in KDE too, but it going to be better.

Where? We'd definitely appreciate knowing where you've run into issues.

-Joseph M. Gaffney