Is KDE really usable?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Jan 22 14:46:41 CET 2007

On Monday 22 January 2007 12:11, Iñaki wrote:
> El Lunes, 23 de Octubre de 2006 00:35, Peter M. Groen escribió:
> > I was reading this post and was a bit surprised. I use KDE (From 1999 )
> > for my daily business and yes, it has improved tremendously over the
> > years. I'll be the last to claim it is flawless, but definitely useable
> > for an office environment like mine. But maybe I was lucky. (Yes WebDav
> > is used, VCards are used, Kontact is running constant and invitations
> > from Outlook are processed without problems..)
>
> Kontact crashes too much in every versions I've tried. And more when
> using "exotic" features as webdav calendar and so (it crashes 50% times
> when adding an event in a webdav calendar).

This is off-topic on this list. For problems with specific applications, file
bugs in bugs.kde.org and use the appropriate mailing lists (for Kontact, that
would be kdepim-users at kde.org or if you have backtraces and careful
experiments, kde-pim).

This mailing list's charter is very vague, but encompasses:

- getting started with KDE development (this should go elsewhere)
- talking about specific quality assurance activities (bug triage, code
checking) within KDE

Everything else -- in particular talking about changes to, or problems with, a
particular application -- has other mailing lists that are better suited.

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team   http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/