KDE OS: Why not

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:37:50 CET 2007

Hello,

Going from what Kurt said I think Klik has a very important advantage
over Autopackage - because it doesn't "mess with the base system" I
think it is a much easier sell for integration into the distributions.
 For anything like this to be accepted, support at the distro level is
absolutely paramount.
In my experience installing the Klik client has also been more reliable.

In the early days of Autopackage, the author of the project (Mike
Hearne) wrote some very unkind things about the way desktop Linux
currently works.  Of course there was some truth in his comments (
emphasis on "some" ), but I think some "bad blood" still lingers.

Regards,
Robert.