KDE OS - Why not?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jan 4 17:01:39 CET 2007

Hi Marco,

[[ Bear in mind this list is for people wanting to *help improve KDE*. ]]

On Thursday 04 January 2007 14:55, marco marinuzzo wrote:
> I would like to treat here about THE BIG PROBLEM:

What is your goal in treating with this big problem?

> - the number of different Linux flavours and the binary incompatibility
> from one to another (and from one release to

Why should multiple Linux flavours be an issue? Pick one and be done with it.
Pick a stable one with an emphasis on binary compatibility.

> KDE OS
>
> 1) with long term releases (2,3 years)
> 2) binary compatibility from one release to the next one
> 3) a drag and drop mac osx style installer

Actually, you've just described either PCLinuxOS or PCBSD or DesktopBSD, all
of which do their own thing with packages and aim for long release cycles.

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team   http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/