KDE OS - Why not?

marco marinuzzo marco.marinuzzo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:55:35 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm a Linux professional, managing 50 production servers for a mid-size
company. When I work on the server side is

all ok, but when I try to use a desktop Linux, I give up.
I would like to treat here about THE BIG PROBLEM:

- the number of different Linux flavours and the binary incompatibility from
one to another (and from one release to

the next one).

So,

- I can't install software if I'm not a geek (I'm a geek and I don't like to
install software on Linux)
- Software houses are coding only on compatible platform.

No choice of software, a nightmare to install it.

In my opinion the solution is:

KDE OS

1) with long term releases (2,3 years)
2) binary compatibility from one release to the next one
3) a drag and drop mac osx style installer

Everyone will be able to install any of the million programs that will be
available from all the software houses.
THE BIG PROBLEM will be solved.
All the other problems are only some little feature missing here and there.

The Linux Desktop will be KDE OS