Potential contributor :-)

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Thu Aug 30 21:52:20 CEST 2007

On 8/30/07, inigo at imedina.info <inigo at imedina.info> wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I would like to be contributor in Kontact. I like very much issues in
> relation to source development, bugs and so on.
> I would thank you any advice or guide.

I am no KDEPIM developer, but I can give you some general guidelines:
- start with techbase.kde.org and set up a development environment. See if
you can get the app running.
- Now there are two things you can do:
* run the apps, and see what you want to improve. Do it.
* look on the SVN server and on bugs.kde.org, there is often a 'junior jobs'
page or location with easy to do jobs.
Finally, send the patch here. You will get some response, ppl will probably
ask you to improve it, and finally someone will commit it in KDE. If you
sent some more patches and you improve your work, they will ask you to get a
SVN account and commit it all yourself. Or get one yourself on
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account

More info on http://pim.kde.org/development/start.php

Have fun!

Regards