contribution

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Mon Aug 20 12:35:20 CEST 2007

On 8/20/07, Jerry Penny <jpenny at lonetree.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read in KTip that there are many ways to contribute.
>
> I use KDE and would like to contribute.

That is great! Welcome to the KDE community ;-)

A place to start could be techbase: http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute
But it is mostly geared towards developers. Now, if you like, you could
update it with information for those NOT able or willing to write code. So
while you are searching for ways to contribute (like proofreading, as you
note), you can update techbase with pointers to how to contribute that way!
It would help others like you to start contributing as well.

Now for the proof-reading: I just happened to read the Commit Digest, the
weekly bulletin about 'what is going on in KDE development', and it
mentioned a developer asking for someone to proofread his documentation! So
that seems te be a good place to start.
Here is the link, you can try to google the name of the guy to contact him
about this:
http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-08-19/moreinfo/700975/#changes

Another way to help with documentation is to contact your local translations
team. They might need some help as well. And you can choose a project you
like or are interested in, contact them and see if they need help for their
documentation. For example, if you want to help with Kolourpaint, Google it,
find the homepage, conact the authors/mailinglist and offer help.

There are many other ways to get involved, I'm sure others can fill you in
as well.

Have fun!