Introduction ...

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:45:48 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I would like to present myself and expose my desire to contribute to KDE
development.

My name is Sandro Andrade and I've been using FreeBSD and GNU/Linux since
1997 both as user and developer, and I have special interest in development
using the standard C++ language.
I've been working for the past eight years with object oriented-design and
implementation using C++ and I am a quite appraiser and full-time user of
KDevelop and Qt technologies. Qt3 and KDevelop have been my major
development technologies in the last four years and recently I join a
research project that relies entirely on Qt4.

As part of my master dissertation, I've been designing and developing a
reusable component-based platform for industrial data acquisition based on
CORBA Component Model (CCM), the CIAO (Component-Integrated ACE ORB)
middleware (http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/TAO.html), and Qt3. Our
project, called ARCOS (http://arcos.sf.net), encompass a OMG DAIS (Data
Acquisition from Industrial Systems) Standard implementation and qt3-based
client applications for industrial supervision.

I hope to become an effective KDE contributor and I would be grateful for
some initial guidelines. I'm currently compiling the last snapshot for KDE
4.

Thanks in advance,
Sandro Andrade