myself... marc collin

Philip Rodrigues phil at kde.org
Thu Sep 21 11:59:59 CEST 2006

HI Marc,

> i have some hours to give to kde-quality
> i have a few experience in C++, more in Java and C.
>
> i'm a software engineering, can surely help with my knowledge in QA.

I can think of two things in KDE that could be described as QA. First, there's
bug triage: the bug tracker at bugs.kde.org contains all the reported bugs,
and quite often they need some extra work to allow the developers to easily
investigate them (for example, steps to reproduce the problem, or  a
backtrace).
There's some information about triaging bugs at:
http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtobugs.php
and a more informal guide I wrote at:
http://accentgrave.blogspot.com/2006/03/ive-got-little-bit-of-free-time-so.html
Of course, if you prefer coding, you can fix the bugs as well :-).

Secondly, there's the EBN at www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org . It runs some
automated checks on the KDE codebase, and points out possible issues. Fixing
these issues is a good way to get familiar with the KDE codebase, and improve
KDE too.

If you'd like to get started with either of those, or have any questions,
please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Philip