What is my name?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun May 28 02:19:11 CEST 2006

On Saturday 27 May 2006 07:38, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Friday 26 May 2006 22:00, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > that said, the XPath/XQuery/XSLT frameworks are built on top of the KHTML
> > / WebCore stuff, correct? does it then make sense to tie the name in with
> > that set of software?
>
> Yeah, KHTML will link to the library at somepoint, so it's definitely in
> that area. The library will likely itself have a dependency on
> kdelibs/kxmlcore.
>
> However, I don't mind if the name is independent, I don't think it's a
> drawback if the name cannot be associated back to Webkit/KHTML. "WebQuest"?
> "WebRequest"? Nah, must be something else..

instead of hooking into the "web" part, what about "<something>Core". we have
WebCore, JavaScriptCore .... XMLCore? CoreXML?  you might have something
better for the <something> part, but by following this name scheme we get
something that provides a theme.

that new kde4 frameworks have a similar look for their websites,
given "sciencey" names, etc ... is to do exactly that for these frameworks. i
think it works (hopefully i'm right ;) and would recommend the same approach
for our XML/Web/JS/etc stacks.

> What list is better? kde-devel?

kde-promo =)

--