Meaning of e.V. should be posted at ev.kde.org

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri May 26 20:00:01 CEST 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 11:30, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> To people unacquainted with German abbreviations, the two letters e.V.
> after "KDE" in "KDE e.V. - the organization" has probably always been an
> enigma. I only today found out that e.V. in German is an abbreviation for:
> eingetragener Verein "registered (non-profit) organization".

close. it's a registered not-for-profit association. not-for-profit and
non-profit are not quite the same thing =) we will be a non-profit as well in
the near future. (something we're working on)

> I feel this information should be placed at ev.kde.org or some other
> relevant place.

makes sense...

and yes, a better place for this email would probably be the e.V. board email
(kde-ev-board at kde.org)

thanks for bringing this up.

--
Aaron J. Seigo