Unified handling of similar content -- wish for KDE 4

Vladislav Blanton vblanton at gmail.com
Wed May 17 20:15:30 CEST 2006

Unified Handling is great in many cases but we must also be aware of
possible problems with usability. This idea needs to be discussed with the
new konqueror look for KDE4 in mind.  I think that sidebars are being
drastically changed and other things which would effect this idea.

BTW, Konqueror is already a ftp/sftp client/browser/manager, etc. Just type
sftp:// or ftp:// and then the address!

Vlad Blanton

On 5/17/06, Stefan Monov <logixoul at gmail.com> wrote:

> A FTP-client is used for browsing/managing and that's Konqueror's
> territory. Once the file's found, it's KGet's job to... get it.
>

> On 5/6/06, Tuomas Nurmi <iltunu at utu.fi> wrote:
> >
> > Shriramana Sharma kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Saturday 06 May
> > 2006
> > 18:06):
> > > I want KDE 4 to handle ordinary and torrent downloads from a single
> > > interface. Now I am not able to queue a mixed list of torrent and
> > ordinary
> > > downloads. Hence KTorrent and KGet must be merged.
> >
> > While at it, why not integrate FTP-client to that?
> >
> > How about making a configurable sidebar (or something) to
> > Konqueror so that it would integrate all these the way Kontact
> > integrates PIM apps? (After all, these are all apps that handle
> > local & remote files and Konqueror is filemanager and
> > netbrowser so it would seem intuituve to be also the unified
> > interface for these...)
> >
> > --
> > Vivere necesse est, navigare non est necesse.
> >                 Tuomas Nurmi

=     Vladislav Blanton      =
  =  vblanton at gmail.com  =