Xmms

Raphael Langerhorst raphael.langerhorst at kdemail.net
Mon May 8 12:36:59 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 8. Mai 2006 11:53 schrieb VIGNESH:
> OK...arts and esound both are installed ... But still xmms does not add
> them to the oytput device list..What shall I do ?
>
> Vignesh

Please use the correct mailing list for user related questions, either kde or
kde-linux (see my last mail).

It's propably better to install "amarok" or you should use "juk". They are
both much better than xmms. Juk is probably already installed, look in the
Multimedia menu. That should solve your problem best.

If you really need to have xmms, you must specifically install the xmms-arts
output plugin. I have no idea if fedora provides it on the CDs.

The other option is to open the Control Center, go to Sound System and
deactivate the sound system. Then KDE / arts does not block the sound card
anymore and you can use xmms to play music - but KDE (and juk) won't have any
sound anymore if you do this.

Regards,
Raphael

PS: And please register at the KDE user mailing lists for the next questions.

> On 5/8/06, VIGNESH <vignesh1986 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it available on the Fedora dvd ?What package do I install arts alone
> > or does it have dependencies
> >
> > Vignesh

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This is the wrong mailing list, you should try
> > > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde
> > >
> > > But the answer is that you should install the arts output plugin for
> > > xmms and
> > > use this - if you are using arts (check the sound system in the control
> > > center). Arts provides sound for KDE and blocks your sound card for
> > > other
> > > direct access.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Raphael