Xmms

Raphael Langerhorst raphael.langerhorst at kdemail.net
Mon May 8 08:49:43 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 8. Mai 2006 07:58 schrieb VIGNESH:
> HI!
>         I am new here... I use KDE 3.5 with Fedora core 5 .When I
> start xmms it doesn`t play.I get the soundcard is blocked error.Once I
> run soundcard configuration wizard its fine...Is this a bug, since it
> works fine in GNOME..
>
> Vignesh

Hi,

This is the wrong mailing list, you should try
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde

But the answer is that you should install the arts output plugin for xmms and
use this - if you are using arts (check the sound system in the control
center). Arts provides sound for KDE and blocks your sound card for other
direct access.

Regards,
Raphael