Helping KDE

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Jun 9 12:51:28 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 22:54, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> Hy, it`s not my first e-mail to the kde development list,
> but it`s my first to the kde Quality.

Hi!

> so, Who `m I?
> Tomaz Canabrava, Computer Science student (that will resign from the title,
> and start trying History instead... *Hate math*)

You do realize that a lot of history is all about understanding the exchange
rates of all the different currencies? That's all math and fractions and
nastiness (I have this great 17th century guide for money-changers with all
the rates; how many gelderse daalders to a kleefse mark?)

> So, i wish help anyway i can, from coding to building images.
>
> If you guys want some help, just mail me, and i`ll do my best.
> (sory the bad english, i`m brazilian)

It's always easiest if *you* have an idea of what you want to do (have you
seen the KDE 3.5 screenshot tour? that kind of stuff might be right up your
alley.) There's too many things that *could* be on the todo list to name.
But ..

- apps need screenshots
- kpilot needs code for PalmOS sync
- we need a tool to extract docs from DBUS XML descriptions
- tooltips can always be added to controls all over the place
- media:/ needs to be ported to solaris

See, there's lots of stuff, some of it very esoteric. For plain coding, you
could start with reading up some of the introductory documentation on
developer.kde.org (and complaining if it's no good) and then picking bugs
from the bug system and working on them. The Junior Jobs (there's a link on
bugs.k.o) are also a good place tpo start.

--
KDE Quality Team
GPG: FEA2 A3FE