kde-quality Digest, Vol 24, Issue 15

Vladislav Blanton vblanton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:46:47 CET 2006

Inaki,

Sorry, for some reason your second to last email was cut off in Kmail.  I
see that you agreed with getting rid of the *System menu idea.
I think that having two separate menu's is nice, but is very much a gnome
thing.  If we would go that route then it might be worth working with Gnome
to create a unified menu for all upcoming releases.  I'm not sure that's
possible or even whether it's a good idea (or not). it needs thinking and
splitting the menu in two is nice, but it might not be the answer.
As for the shutdown/log out options, I need to think about it some more.
Introducing all the buttons inside the menu could create problems and
introducing a *System menu could create problems. Does it even need to
change?

Vlad

On 1/26/06, Iñaki <ibc2 at euskalnet.net> wrote:

> El Jueves, 26 de Enero de 2006 05:30, Vlad Blanton escribió:
> > Yes, I meant installed apps.
> >
> > It's a bit better now, except I'm still not sure how I feel about the
> > separate apps menu.  I still think that the logout/restart/shutdown menu
> > should just be properly placed in the main menu instead within *Session
> > (which is ambiguous) for accessibility and usability reasons.
>
> Yes, but I agree with you and changed the location of these buttons.
> Maybe you mean the "Logout", "Restar" and "Shutdown" buttons showed
> directly
> in the menu? is it not too much?
> Why not a simple "Exit" button that shows a pop-up like the actual KDE
> with
> "Logout", "Restar" and "Shutdown" buttons?
>

> Menu System:
> ***************
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> * PC
>   - My Home
>   - Devices
>   - Remote Sites
> * Control Center
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> * Find
> * Run Command
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> * Switch User
> * Lock Session
> * Exit...
>

> Menu Apps:
> *************

> * Internet
>   - Web navigator
>   - Kopete
>   - Ktorrent
>   - ...
> * Multimedia
>   - amaroK
>   - KMplayer
>   - ...
> * Office
>   - Kwrite
>   - Kpdf (please, move it from "Image" menu)
>

> > I think it might be nice to make a mock-up. I'll post it on the
> Kde-artists
> > forum and then send an email to the list (hopefully tomorrow).
> >
> > Vlad Blanton
>
> --
> y hasta aquí puedo leer...

=     Vladislav Blanton      =