Kontact: frameless mockups

Vlad Blanton vblanton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:13:16 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 12:56 pm, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> I did a quick  mockup of "frameless Kontact". Note: this isn't a perfect
> mockup, the changes are not uniform throughout the screenshot, but the idea
> is that you get the idea.
>
> Anyway, here is Kontact as it is in Kubuntu using the Lipstik-style:
>
> http://www.nbl.fi/~nbl48/kontact.png
>
> And here we have the same Kontact with few modifications:
>
> http://www.nbl.fi/~nbl48/kontact2.png

Very Nice! It is looks a lot cleaner. Now I wonder, is it even possible?  We
would need a coder to answer that. (are you around Aaron :)? ).

There is a clear difference (no pun) and it is easier on the eyes. I think
that the blocks "Folder", "Unread", and "Total" in the Folders section could
be all made a new color that would easily separates the section.  A mock-up of
your second version with the proposed revision:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/372/kontactnobevel5tb.png

Aside from the small inconsistencies you already mentioned, its great. Oh, and
Krita is awesome too! :)

Vlad Blanton