A look at GNOME 2.14, comparison to KDE

Janne Ojaniemi janne.ojaniemi at nbl.fi
Thu Feb 23 19:17:56 CET 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 23:30, Gábor Lehel wrote:
> You should check out the Lipstik style, it seems to do rather better
> in this area:
>
> http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=konqueror3ns.png

This screenshot made me think.... Notice how the first line in Konqueror has 4
icons, while the second line has just two. Maybe we should strive for
symmetry here? Instead of having 4 icons in the first line and 2 in the
second, what if we had 3 icons in both lines? If the user resizes the window,
or adds stuff (folders, files etc.), the app would try to maintain symmetry.
Of course, such symmetry wouldn't be always possible, but still.

I think it would look nicer with such a system :). And in case of the
abovementioned screenshot, the icons would have plenty of space around them,
without looking like space is being wasted.

Opinions?