Non-c++ developer

Luan Carvalho Martins luancarvalho at terra.com.br
Thu Feb 23 16:56:01 CET 2006

Em 23 de Fevereiro de 2006 10:56, Sebastian Kügler escreveu:
> Hi Luan,
>
> On Thursday 23 February 2006 11:38, Luan Carvalho Martins wrote:
> > It's my first time posting here. I have a good knowledge in Pascal and
> > would like to get involved with KDE devlopment. Is it possible to code in
> > pascal or I must learn c++ (not in my plans)?
>
> While it's certainly not necessary do learn C++ to do KDE development, I'm
> afraid Pascal is to my knowledge currently not an option. I am myself
> developing applications in Python, which works really well. There are also
> bindings for Ruby and Java.
>
> KDE involvement in general does not make C++ knowledge necessary, as I said
> above there are a couple of other languages that can be used for KDE
> programming, but there is much, much more. The documentation and
> translation teams are looking for people, the promo team would also benefit
> from an additional hand, for a good start, have a look at [SKO]
>
> http://www.spreadkde.org/tasks
>
> KDE would be happy to welcome you in the team!

I've seen a interesting task in http://www.spreadkde.org/tasks: "Setup a
"real" Task Management system for SpreadKDE". I wrote to Tom asking for more
info and (if possible) I'll write the system.

Thank you for the sugestion, Sebastian.

--
Atenciosamente, Luan Carvalho Martins (WebLord)
A Forja dos Sonhos www.aforja.net