A look at GNOME 2.14, comparison to KDE

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Feb 21 18:55:14 CET 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 18:05, Anders Storsveen wrote:
> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > On Monday 20 February 2006 21:54, Iñaki wrote:

[...]

> > A GNU info format browser. Even more bloat!
> >
> >   fish://kpfeifle@linuxprinting.org
> >
> > Oh, a graphical remote SSH browser! Why can't we have separate tools
> > for each of these tasks??
> >
> >   webdavs://mediacenter.gmx.net/
> >
> > A remote WEBDAV file manager that is able to encrypt all traffic.
> > B.L.O.A.T!
> >
> now you're just being a bitch :D

Heh..  :-P

> the problem wasn't too much
> functionality, it was too much ugliness, like too much buttons.

Right. I just wanted to make sure that someone who not even saw
all of the existing functionality but still thought it was too
much, would really see *all* of it before starting to think how
it could be slashed (or prettified, or whatever :)

> we
> wouldn't want to have a button for each of those, open man page open
> fish open this open that...

...and we do not do it, last I checked.

Cheers,
Kurt