A look at GNOME 2.14, comparison to KDE

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 20 22:01:19 CET 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 11:25, Max Howell wrote:
> I think it's possible to make KDE as pretty as GNOME, but there may be
> limitations with the Qt style engine. I'd like to hear the opinion of
> the KPDF guy (he did great mods) and the Plasma team.

no, this is more a limitation in our style developers minds and habits our
application developers have gotten into.

it's not hard to avoid these problems, but one has to be aware of them and we
really need to make bevels The Evil. for instance, i turn off the separator
lines between toolbars immediately because they are unnecessary and just make
things look cluttered. turning them off instantly gives you a win. this is,
of course, just one example.

--
Aaron J. Seigo