kde compile problem

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 17:22:48 CET 2006

On Friday 10 February 2006 4:04 pm, Liviu Damian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to help the KDE team in finding bugs for the upcoming kde4. I
> tried to compile the SVN trunk for KDE, following the indications from
> http://plasma.kde.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_setup_your_KDE_4_environment
> but I get some errors when I try to compile kdelibs:

Did you checkout the kdelibs snapshot (and not the trunk/ version of kdelibs)?
You should get the snapshot. Those instructions are a little unclear, in that
they say to get the snapshot, then later say to get trunk/kdelibs.

BTW, if you'd like to do beta testing, I think the best way at the moment is
to run the 3.5 branch, since KDE 4 is still in the porting stage, and AFAIK,
not much is guaranteed (or even expected) to work. Of course, if you saw a
way to help on plasma.kde.org that requires trunk/, carry on :-).

Regards,
Philip