Starting...

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 22:48:31 CET 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 13:24, Jorge Eduardo Birck wrote:
> "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 4.1) (library qt) not
> found. Please check your installation (and make sure you compiled Qt
> with -debug - doing symlinks to a -release build of Qt4 will introduce
> breakage, do not do that -)!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log."
> I do that!

Perhaps the best list for this question would be kde-devel (or, as another
poster suggests, a KUbuntu list). However, what's _important_ is that you (a)
look in config.log, and not at the end (b) post the revelevant bits with your
question.

The instructions to look at the end of config.log have been wrong for a long
time -- configure changed, and it now produces 1000 lines of junk _after_ the
interesting bit. Open up config.log, search for "checking for Qt" and take a
look at what the log says after that. Two common errors:

1) Not setting QTDIR and having an existing Qt in a system directory
2) Not building a multithreaded libqt (is that even possible in Qt4?)

I'll guess that the #1 reason is involved: you have Qt3 installed on the
system, so now you need to get the compiler to ignore that one somehow.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot