discuss: consistency in KDE GUI

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Dec 22 17:13:30 CET 2006

On Friday 22 December 2006 7:10, Orville Bennett wrote:
> By forcing someone to conform to your standards of what is best, you

we can't force anything on anyone.

we can make sure that our premium apps (e.g. the ones that ship with a given
kde release) are up to spec. if you wish to break with the guidelines for no
reason other than "i want to" you can do so, just not as part of the kde
release. very simple =)

> in the future. If compliance were forced upon them they could choose
> in the begin, they could easily have chosen another platform to
> develop on, if it's forced after, they could choose to spend valuable
> time trying to undo this instead of contributing to their respective
> apps. And that, that would be a shame.

of course, the use and enforcement of HIGs on other platforms much more
successful than KDE belies this statement. =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se