need a help

durga sangi durga_sangi at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 05:15:57 CET 2006

I am working in linux environment and iam trying to create kde3 desktop.

Vladislav Blanton <vblanton at gmail.com> wrote: Can you give us more information about the environment your working in? Such as, is it linux (what distro?), or bsd, mac os x, win, etc? Are you trying to run kde3 or an alpha development version of kde4?

Vlad

 On 12/13/06, subbukk <subbukk at gmail.com> wrote: On Wednesday 13 December 2006 12:08, durga sangi wrote:
> hai,
>      I am working in the process of creating a kde desktop,i am getting
> some problem in this .the problem is I installed all kde packages  and
> i gave the following command /etc/init.d/kdm restart
> but this is not working. iam not getting  kde desktop at all.i have
> installed x-server and kdm too.please kindly give a solution to this
> problem.
Check for any errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Specifically look for lines
that begin with "(EE)". If X server comes up but not the login greeter,
then you may want to turn on debug messages for
kdm. /usr/share/doc/kdm/README has the details.

Hope this helps .. Subbu