Volunteer Offer

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Dec 13 20:56:56 CET 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 19:47, Loren Williams wrote:
>   I am a longtime user of KDE and Computer Science graduate who finally has
> some spare time on his agenda.  I would like to get involved with the
> project.

Well, welcome on board!

> Ideally, I'd like to ease in with some simple bug triage.  Maybe
> take a project like kaffeine and try to confirm bugs and get details on how
> to reproduce them.

Bug triage is an excellent way to get started, and very valuable to the
developers involved.

> Perhaps eventually ease myself into programming, but
> this seems like a good way to start to me.  Who should I contact to start
> helping in this way?

Well, for a particular application it's best to contact the maintainer of the
application; on the other hand sometimes Bram Schoenmakers (look for his blog
on planetkde.org) organizes bug triage days, so that's another person to ask.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/