Is kde.org on a php / cms engine?

P Botha info at pnb.co.za
Tue Apr 18 12:56:52 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 12:44, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 April 2006 12:36, Frans Englich wrote:
> > > I know it is php, but is it custom made, or is it apart of a cms.
> >
> > It's custom made.
>
> The most basic of custom-mades, too: include 'header.inc' ; <!-- CONTENT
> GOES HERE --> include 'footer.inc'; The two include files deal with menus
> and styling.
>
> When you say "redesign" do you mean "a new look?" If so, talk to Ken, Nuno
> and David, who are working on Oxygen looks for KDE websites.
>
> When you say "redesign" do you mean "organize better?" If so, which part?
>
> There's a kde-www list for website work; that's also a good place to start.

I also have my list of basic stuff I would like to see changed on the
*kde*.org site/s beginning with probably different styling, more advanced css
(better looking) and maybe even some form of Ajax.
As far as organizing stuff, not much have changed over the past few years .
Menus are still where they used to be, news boxes are still same size etc, so
maybe a quick feedback poll could help with the navigation and overall look
and working of the site.

There are also some bugs on the bugs.kde.org site in regards to authentication
and logging of bugs and could really use some personalization and ajax to
help bug reporters to report bugs easier and track the status of their bugs
(reported or assigned).

Last but not least. The kde desktop is interactive, funky and really cool, so
should the website that sells it.

Pieter
--
PGP Key ID: 0xE406C7C7
Key can be found on: hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net