KDE4 and KIO Fuse

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Wed Apr 12 19:53:10 CEST 2006

El Miércoles, 12 de Abril de 2006 19:22, jos poortvliet escribió:
> > As I said earlier I think it should do that by default.
> > If a programm associated with a specific filetype indicates in its
> > .desktop file that it can only handly local files (by specifying %f or
> > %F) and KDE receives a launch request for an URL of that type, it will
> > 	download the file and watch it for changes and upload it if possible.
>
> now i really feel confused - doesn't kio doe that already? i've opened a
> file from a ftp site in a non-KDE app, and after changing it and closing
> the app, something (konqi) asked me if i wanted to upload the changes...
> this happened/worked on - what, kde 3.2? its some time ago, but i'm quite
> sure about it - tought it was really cool. i don't really use non-kde apps,
> so i don't know if it still works. worth a try?

Ohhh, it's true, it works!!!

I've open a smb:// and sftp:// ODT document with OpenOffice, modified and
saved it (locally in fact) and AFTER close the OpenOffice the dialog has
appeared asking me for send the changes to the server.

I can't understand how I didn't realize of it before.

So, then, the kisolaves are better than I though  ;)

Anyway, it could be better if the changes are sent to the server automatically
just when the user press Ctrl+S in the non-KDE app.

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...