KDE4 and KIO Fuse

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Apr 12 17:49:09 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 16:42, Iñaki wrote:
> El Miércoles, 12 de Abril de 2006 16:25, Hans escribió:
> > > So you say that you open Konqueror, set the URL to
> > > "smb://host/resource" and the server files appear. So you open one of
> > > them with OO and you can save it directly in the server by pressing
> > > "Ctrl+S".
> > >
> > > Are you really sure that you can do it? If you modify a document and
> > > save it in that way... could you open it again from the server and
> > > check that the modification exists?
> > >
> > > I'b be really surprisised if you say "yes".
> >
> > You are now surprised!
> >
> > Jip, tried two diff shares on diff servers, open via Konqueror (and
> > Krusader, same thing), in OO, change something, Ctrl-S, open up again
> > and the change is still there.
>
> Yes, I'm very surprised now.
>
> Can anyone explain how OpenOffice support the kisolaves in Suse??

As I said earlier I think it should do that by default.
If a programm associated with a specific filetype indicates in its .desktop
file that it can only handly local files (by specifying %f or %F) and KDE
receives a launch request for an URL of that type, it will 	download the file
and watch it for changes and upload it if possible.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>