KDE4 and KIO Fuse

Hans hvdmerwe at sunspace.co.za
Wed Apr 12 15:50:57 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 14:43 +0200, Iñaki wrote:

> > > I hope you are right  ;)
> >
> > My default SuSE 10.0 OpenOffice installation can handle (open edit save)
> > KIO "mounts".
> > (does ask for a password thou?)
>
> Really??? can you confirm this?
> Maybe Suse uses a modified OpenOffice supporting Kioslaves??

Must say its not perfect;
It uses KDE file open and save dialogs.
I can open an odt file by double clicking on it in Konqueror - then edit
it and save - but save-as defaults to my home dir and forcing a smb://
location errors with "Saving using protocol "smb" is not supported"
Strange; seems to be in there but not done all the way.

E-mail Disclaimer
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm