KDE4 and KIO Fuse

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Fri Apr 7 21:27:33 CEST 2006

Hi, does anyone know if KDE4 will include the KIO Fuse?
  http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KIO+Fuse+Gateway

In my opinion this could be one of the MOST important features for a good
desktop: the possibility of using all the power of the kioslaves in any KDE
or not KDE app.

Note that a today's common problem is when the user access to a Samba resource
via smb kioslave and open a .odt file with OpenOffice. Because OpenOffice (as
any not KDE app) doesn't allow kioslaves it copies the file in /tmp and uses
it, so when the user wants to modify the file he saves it in his local /tmp
(that is terribly annoying), and he needs to move it to the server and
replace the old one.

Is it really the Linux power we want to show to the world???
Then the response will be very easy: why in Windows is it too easy???

But using KIO Fuse all the apps can acces to the kioslaves because FUSE mount
the resources in user level in a transparent mode for the apps, so the
problem dissapears.

Does anyone know something new about it for KDE4?

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...