SimpleKDE Thoughts and Views

Mark Watson markwatson at airpost.net
Tue Sep 27 18:48:44 CEST 2005

I understand what your getting at, however I have to disagree. We shouldn't
equate having extra features with being less appealing to the user. A good
example of this is Microsoft Office. Office has so many features, yet it is
used by so many people. I think the key to making an application do what
someone wants is having the features to do what someone wants, and putting
them in the right places so that people can take advantage of them with a
small learning curve, something that MS Office does not do well. Of course
the exception would be an organization where certain features shouldn't be on
because they might not be wanted. In that case then the best thing to do is
to use Kiosk.

Just my opinion,
Mark